domingo, 23 de julho de 2006

Um Pensamento de Domingo para todos os dias...

Une Pensée de Dimanche pour tous les jours...

Un Pensiero di Domenica per ogni giorno...

Een zondagsgedacht voor iedere dag...

Ein Sonntagsgedanke für jeden Tag...

A Sunday Thought for all days...

«All the world loves lovers.
All the world loves people in love
Don't forget it
PREFAB SPROUT

In a few hours I'll be listening to Christopher Cross. Live! He's here for the very first time ever.
I have to be ready for that especial moment of «Arthur's Theme»...

«When you get caught between the moon and New York City
The best that you can do is fall in love.»

... Some years ago, heading from JFK to the Big Apple, watching that skyscrapers horizon for the very first time, the sun hiding somehow ashamed behind it, a not so wise impulse got hold of me and right there in the taxi, all by myself, I began mumbling the lyrics...
And the song stayed with me, day in day out, for as long as I was in town. The hardest part was saying good-bye... I'm sure I won't ever forget it.

Carpe diem & be happy!

7 comentários:

leone disse...

Prefab sprout? What a blast from the past - I toured with them in my teens. Apart from that - how ru chicken?

The Pansy Bastard™ disse...

Awesome! I hope you have a great time!

And thanks for the compliment on my flowers! They are my babies.
:-)

Gumby disse...

Was that visit to NYC before or after 9/11/2001 (or as you would probably know it 11/9/2001)? Having seen it before, the skyline now just seems now to have a giant part cut out of it.

Minge disse...

You toured with them, Leone?

I hope you have/had a fabulous time, Ric. Tell me if Liza crossed your mind at all.

RIC disse...

LEONE - Wonderful to know you're not at all lost somewhere in deep Asia! When will you be coming back? I do miss your texts already.
Prefab Sprout and you?! Gosh, great news! Yes, they made my days shine when I used to go dancing non-stop for hours - tales from the past... Thank you, Lyon!

My visit to NYC - GUMBY - was before the 9/11 and I was on the roof of the North Tower, I think, and in those days people were still talking about the previous attack to the basement. The view, in my opinion, didn't compare to the one you get from the ESB, which absolutely breathtaking!
Thanks a lot!

MINGE - In my mind, Liza relates first of all with... Berlin! And then with NYC. I love the way she sings it, but I've never been too much into Robert De Niro (metaphore!). More recently I relate her to the Pet Shop Boys because of that album «Results»
The show was great and I'm still under its influence. I'll post about it tomorrow. :-)

Minge disse...

Is Liza the only star of Arthur who's still alive?

RIC disse...

So sorry, Minge, but I have no idea...