segunda-feira, 24 de julho de 2006

Christopher Cross live in Lisbon

What an evening!

At first, I sincerely feard for the success of the show. In the Summer time - only God knows why... - the Portuguese tend not to go to indoor shows. Many claim tickets are far too expensive, but I just don't buy that one: there's always money for football tickets... Shamefully the concert hall was half empty, but to compensate this fiasco every one was in the best mood.

Anyway, CC opened with «All Right» and went on singing older and newer songs and bringing about a fine chemistry between musicians and audience. Politically commited, CC now and then commented on some USA internal affairs and their consequences for the rest of the world, which granted him huge applause.

Yes, finally I had my chance to travel back in time and spirit to NYC as I'd predicted - «when you get caught between the moon and New York City», well I guess the best that you can do is hold back your tears...

In the end, almost every one was dancing along to some best known hits, and I feel CC did enjoy that kind of audience: not that numerous, but rather commited and interested. At least I do hope so!

As for myself and a friend of mine, we had a great time. So great we went on chatting until 2:00 a.m. Nice!...

5 comentários:

Gumby disse...

I'm glad you enjoyed the show!

Minge disse...

Fabulous - glad it was all you wanted it to be!

What happened after 2am?

RIC disse...

... We went for a long walk in the neighbourhood. And then it was time to go to sleep. (lol!) Which I did too...
You're supposed to take a (she)friend home, are you not?

FletcherBeaver disse...

If you get caught between the moon and the sun rising...

RIC disse...

... In that case, FB, I guess it means you've spent the night in the open-air, which is something I love to do as well.
In a less literal sense, I just let my imagination «ride like the wind»... :-)